I’ve always had a love hate relationship with food. I love it, and it hates me. In the past, a few moments of salivating pleasure with many of my favourite foods, have ended in hours of discomfort with a dull aching reminder of what I shouldn’t have eaten. So, over the past year, I’ve culled my favourite foods list – written off the ones who never really added value to my day, and started a healthier relationship with the ones that do.
And, I’m starting to reshape the way my family eats too. They’re not all on board yet, but with recipes like this, we’re heading in the right direction.
- One frozen banana (my freezer is always full of these)
- A handful of any frozen berries you have in the freezer (I used blueberry and raspberry)
- One tablespoon honey
- One cup of milk (I use coconut and almond but if you’re not Paleo, regular is fine too)
- Half a teaspoon of Maca Powder (this is a super food – get some in your pantry now)
- Half a a vanilla pod scraped, or if you don’t have one use half a teaspoon of vanilla powder
- One teaspoon of chia seeds
- Water or coconut water to thin
Now throw it all in your blender and blitz!